Bye Bye H.264!

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Fri May 21 03:51:30 BST 2010

>>> http://dougmcinnes.com/html-5-asteroids/
>>> http://cs.helsinki.fi/u/ilmarihe/canvas_animation_demo/mozcampeu09.html
>>
>> Does HTML5 support video+2d+3d all in one? Like this Flash website that was
>> also shown running on Android:
>>
>> http://www.ecodazoo.com/
>
> Apparently some people at Google had fun porting Quake 2 to HTML5!
> http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2010/04/quake_ii_runs_on_html5.html
> http://code.google.com/p/quake2-gwt-port/
> It uses WebGL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebGL) for the 3D.
>
> While there are performance issues (as mentioned in other posts in
> this thread), it really is just a matter of time until Flash is
> obsolete.

The development tools need to mature.  When its as easy to make an
HTML5 game as say to make a Flash game then you'll see it really take
off.

Adobe is adding HTML5 support into Dreamweaver, so the tools are
improving but they need to be as good as what Flash has right now.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts