Who Will Show Up to Linux's Steam-Powered Playground?

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Wed May 19 02:20:57 BST 2010

On Wednesday, May 19, 2010 07:22 AM, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On 05/18/2010 06:19 AM, Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:
>> I wonder why Macs became so popular even though there was a decidedly
>> lack of games for it initially and still is in comparison with Windows.
>>
>> http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/features/pwc-global-gaming-market-to-approach-50-billion-by-2011/70579/?biz=1
>>

> Because, THEN, they were THE graphic arts 'puter, AND don't forget that
> they basically game them away to public school systems, colleges and
> universities.

Huh? There would be more of them old iMacs over here if that were the
case if they were given away. Nor does that account for why students and
teachers today are opting to buy Macs/Macbooks today after a
long/longish history of using Windows. It is certainly not because of
gaming nor graphics arts...