multi TB storage

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 16:23:10 GMT 2010

Drobo should work with Ubuntu also, since they work for a Mac easily
enough.  They're these external drive enclosures that do fully
autonomous RAID via USB, eSATA and I think also iSCSI.  One of their
drives holds six HDDs.  Three are RAIDed, and the other three are for
redundant backup.  You can pull a drive without taking the rest
off-line and one of the other drives will immediately come on-line to
replace the one you look out with all of the data intact.  Replace the
removed drive the enclosure automatically formats the new drive and
restore the data.  If I had the money I'd get one in a heartbeat.

Leo Laporte and friends at TWiT.tv swear by them

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts