Is Canonical getting "Neroed"?

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Tue Mar 23 08:40:30 GMT 2010

On Mon, March 22, 2010 21:58, Michael Haney wrote:
> The snarky "this is not a democracy" comment by Mark Shuttleworth, which
> is really hypocritical coming from a man who dislikes such corporate
> dictatorship, should be setting off alarms in every person who uses
> Ubuntu and Linux in general.

Anyone who says that any Linux project is a democracy, doesn't know shit
about Linux, or Free Software in general. Pardon my French. It has always
been a benevolent dictatorship or at best a meritocracy. Another word for
democracy in software development is anarchy.

Linux -> Linus
GNU -> Richard
Perl -> Larry
Python -> Guido
Ubuntu -> Mark
Drupal -> Dries

Now name me one relevant and significant Free Software project where there
isn't some kind of "benevolent dicatorship for life". Always willing to
learn something new.