Default Ubuntu applications

Arthur Barton arthurb at igniferous.net
Thu Mar 4 02:15:10 GMT 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 08:30 +0100, Jan Claeys wrote:
> Op dinsdag 02-03-2010 om 19:11 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef David
> Gerard:
> > (It baffles me that Canonical still considers Evolution a marvellous
> > default email application. Who the heck actually uses it? WHY? WHY?)
>
> That's easy: there is no other open source desktop mail/collaboration
> client that has all the features Evolution has...

If there were, I'd like to hear about them. I haven't found anything
else that manages to integrate my (many) email accounts with my
near-equal number of calendars so well. In fact I've swapped to
evolution on windows now too.

> And I'm not sure any other GNOME/Gtk mail client is easier to use?

For simple email use I recommended Thunderbird, but I'm still not sold
on the 3.0 redesign (the tabs are OK but the search feature doesn't suit
my needs).

--
Arthur Barton <arthurb at igniferous.net>