Default Ubuntu applications

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 18:09:27 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:40 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 March 2010 16:16, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Worse still is the argument that goes "I like KDE, therefore, anyone
>> who doesn't like KDE is wrong and anything that does not use KDE is
>> broken or crippled."
>

> Or your previous email, which could reasonably be summarised as "I
> don't like KDE, therefore, anyone who does like KDE is wrong and
> anything that does use KDE is broken or crippled."
>
> It's all a matter of personal taste. Really really.

A fair call, which is why I've tried to amplify my comments in my next message.

> (I've found n00bs cope better with KDE 3 than GNOME because it
> basically looks just like XP. PIty it's not being developed any more.)

It is not alone in that. Mint does a pretty good job in that regard; I
find people move to it very smoothly, so far. And I am selling boxes
based on Mint at the moment, hundreds of them. :¬)

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508