Default Ubuntu applications

David Sanders dsuzukisanders at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 16:08:14 GMT 2010

> In the late 1980s to mid 1990s, it was. When GNOME was new it was
> pretty poor. However, since GNOME 2, it's been pretty good, minimal
> and elegant and (IMHO) rather good-looking. It's been a better choice
> for a novice or beginner since then.

Indeed, and bearing this in mind It really does confuse me as to why
people keep saying Ubuntu is a poor linux advert due to Gnome. This is
doubly confusing as Ubuntu is by far the most popular desktop linux
distro that has ever existed and therefore one would surely have to
say that anecdotal evidence for Gnome being user-friendly is mounting,
not diminishing.