Ubuntu flirts with Chrome instead of Firefox

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 17:41:04 BST 2010

On 24 May 2010 19:43, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 May 2010 21:48, David Vincent <dvincent at sleepdeprived.ca> wrote:
>> On 10-05-16 11:56 AM, David Gerard wrote:

>>> Tomorrow I buy a friend's Dell Mini 9! I'll report back ...

>> Ugh.  They discontinued those quickly for a reason.  I'd recommend
>> trying it before you commit to buying it.

> So far it's being looooovely and I spend my days writing sensitive
> love poetry to it :-D It was in pretty much new condition.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well, that was a nice five weeks. It just let its magic smoke out - as
in, an actual curl of smoke and an electrical burnt plastic smell -
courtesy the third-party adapter blowing out and TAKING THE LAPTOP
WITH IT.

*WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH*

A detailed exposition on how I feel about this would probably
contravene a number of list and Code of Conduct rules. Though I did
leave some carefully constructed swearing on my Twitter.

This particularly pisses me off because no-one - including Dell -
seems to make a 9" netbook. They're all 10" now. The Mini 9 was pretty
much the perfect form factor. A Mini 10 is just *way* too big, quite
apart from using the Poulsbo (spit, curse) chipset.

So. Does anyone make a 9" netbook these days?

- d.