Vintage Computer Festival

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Fri Jun 18 17:32:58 BST 2010

Hi!

On 18/06/2010 18:04, Michael wrote:
> Liam Proven wrote:
>
>> Not directly on-topic but I thought it might be of interest to some here.
>>
>> The first ever UK VCF is this weekend at Bletchley Park: 19th and 20th
>> June. There will be dozens of stands exhibiting all manner of
>> collectable "antique" computer systems and talks from a number of
>> luminaries.
>>
>> http://www.tnmoc.org/vcf-gb.aspx
>>
> My first computer:
>
> TRS-80 from Radio Shack.  4k of memory with a cassette tape drive.

Same here! But I hacked it...

At the time it looked like this :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ggravier/3546818218/ (notice the expansion
interface with an additional 16k RAM, floppy disk controler, joystick
controler, modem, hanging from the wall... and the 2 floppy drives in
plexiglass casings - home made - on the right).

I powered it up in Nov 2009 to see if it still ran... Graphics
generation issues... but it did boot :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ggravier/4063883483/

Gilles.