Adobe halts Labs program for 64-bit Linux Flash Player

Conrad Knauer atheoi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 07:53:04 BST 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 11:35 PM, Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com> wrote:

> HTML5 is still in its infancy.
> It won't be finalized until 2022!
> No shitting, 2022!

"Release early, release often" with an emphasis on early in this case ;)

"Average users" won't care what it is, so long as they can click on a
link and have whatever animation 'just work'.  What we need is for it
to be based on open (even if-not-yet finalized) standards so that it
will work well if they are running Ubuntu (Looking forward to Firefox
4 :)

CK

P.S. 2022 is as far in the future as 1998 is in the past... Compare
Windows 98 to Ubuntu 10.04 and you'll see the direction we need to go;
there will be lots of cool things added along the way that we might
not even be able to guess about yet, but so long as we make sure
they're open, we'll be headed in the right direction.