ZOOLOGY ADMITS DEFEAT OVER COCKS, TITS AND BEAVERS

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 16 08:54:58 BST 2010

On 16/06/10 16:36, Johnneylee Rollins wrote:
> <snip>
> Hey Basil, mind not cluttering up my inbox with those sort of subject
> lines? It's inappropriate, no matter how funny you think you are.
> Don't do it again, thanks.
>
> ~SpaceGhost

Very shortly after I received your private message - and I thank you for
posting your concerns publicly here as I asked you to - I also received
a message from Alan Pope, Ubuntu Community Council, (whom I do not know)
telling me to stop posting "inappropriate text and news to...Sounder".

I must have missed something, but I don't recall having read something
to tell me what is appropriate and what is not inappropriate to be
posted in the offtopic forum called Sounder.

I asked Alan to tell me what "inappoprriate text and news" was for
Sounder. I honestly do not what it is right at this moment.

I shall now go and have a look and see what I obviously missed about
what Sounder is all about in the Ubuntu list of mail lists.

But, while I am still on this subject, your private complaint to me was
about the zoological subject heading.

But what that article is pointing out is the stupidity of a very much
Internet-related topic of having nonsensical filters in place to protect
the "wowsers" from.....the real world?

Our country's current minister for communications, and whatever, is
trying to push onto our internet users a filter, which the ISPs are to
install, which would filter out all sorts of things just like the
article I posted a reference to. One of the URLs which this proposed
filter will filter out is a URL for a dental practice in our northern
state of Queensland because....nobody really knows, even the poor
dentist doesn't know but because his URL is in the "blacklist" any
person who tries to access his site will be stopped from doing so - and
that person will be visited by the "authorities" for trying to 'access a
porno site' or some such.....

Got the picture?

BC

--
Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society.
                                            James Madison