The open-source entrepreneur

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 06:36:17 BST 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 21:47, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Bob Young is a self-confessed contrarian with a strong desire to change the
> world by allowing people to share and collaborate. The approach has served
> him well and has helped turn the Canadian into a multi-millionaire.

It wasnt just Bob though. I worked there for a couple years with a lot
of the original crew... Bob Young, Matt Szulik, Eric Troan, Mark
Ewing, Lisa Sullivan... even have a Red Fedora and a copy of Bob's
book with his autograph :)

If you're interested in how OSS companies grew (especially Red Hat
since they pretty much led the way for the entire OSS Commercial
industry, check out the book "Under the Radar" that Bob wrote about
the early days of Red Hat and Open Source as a viable commercial
model...

Heh... the rule at Red Hat was, Bob would personally autograph your
copy of the book, ONLY after you had read it and correctly answered
the questions he asked you about it...