EVERYTHING TO BECOME SMALLER AND MORE EXPENSIVE, SAYS GATES

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 16 03:59:50 BST 2010

IN five years time everything you buy will be much smaller and cost a
great deal more money, Microsoft chairman Bill Gates has confirmed.

Gates said consumers were furious about the size of their electronic
devices and that he had received hundreds of death threats from people
unable to put all of their possessions in one very small drawer.

Speaking at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Gates said:
"People are leading smaller lives. They are having smaller experiences
and thinking smaller thoughts.

"Against the backdrop of this context, we must be constantly evolving
our user interface technologies, or 'things'."

Highlights at the show include a holographic chess game featuring the
stars of/ Grey's Anatomy/, a 50ft hight plasma screen TV that is
programmed to kill, and a Japanese man who has replaced all of his teeth
with tiny iPods......

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-%26-technology/everything-to-become-smaller-and-more-expensive%2c-says-gates-20080107636/

--
Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society.
                                            James Madison