Reject UltraViolet DRM | DefectiveByDesign.org

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Jul 29 08:45:51 BST 2010

On 29 July 2010 08:14, Amedee Van Gasse (ub) <amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:
> On Thu, July 29, 2010 07:00, Fred A. Miller wrote:
>> http://www.defectivebydesign.org/ultraviolet
>
> I haven't had my morning coffee yet so I don't get it. I'm sorry. What
> does this linkdump have to do with general discussions about Ubuntu? I'd
> like to know.

I can see how this campaign might be of interest to anyone - Ubuntu
users or not. Especially those who might migrate from Windows to
Ubuntu. They may have their digital assets 'locked up' in some online
cloud for which no client exists on Ubuntu. This would potentially be
a show-stopper, preventing those people from migrating away from that
platform.

Cheers,
Al.