Dell Ubuntu Video

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 24 08:05:22 BST 2010

On 24/07/10 06:57, Tommy Trussell wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>  wrote:

>> There is one fatal flaw in this "advert": while the Dell may work very
>> well with Ubuntu, some of the attached hardware may not work- for
>> example most Canon printers or scanners and so on. There should be at
>> least some disclaimer/warning in this "ad".
>>
> I disagree. The ad already goes more than a minute. Where would the
> disclaimers and warnings stop? Should you mention the potential
> dangers of using a laptop on your lap? The greenhouse effect of
> downloading and installing software updates? The economic effects of
> putting a Microsoft employee out of work?

All you need is to have an overlay, of which there are several during
this ad, about the issue which I raised as a known nasty for Linux systems.

All the other ones you mention are nothing but being argumentative for
the sake of being argumentative.

BC

--
And God created Woman; and to repent He then created Beer.