Dell ships motherboard with malicious code

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Thu Jul 22 05:52:09 BST 2010

On Thursday, July 22, 2010 12:27 PM, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On 07/21/2010 08:52 PM, Christopher Chan wrote:
>> On Thursday, July 22, 2010 07:06 AM, Fred A. Miller wrote:
>>
>>> Dell has confirmed that some of its PowerEdge server motherboards were
>>> shipped to customers with malware code on the embedded server management
>>> firmware.
>>>
>>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/dell-ships-motherboard-with-malicious-code/6901?tag=nl.e589
>>>

>> I wonder why Chinese factories do that...they did the same with them
>> digital photo frames too. Twits.
>
> You would think that Dell would catch something like that BEFORE units
> were shipped.

Ah, you see...they don't know mainland chinese. Just think about it.
These are people who are able to still want to sell tainted melamine
milk, in fact, they hid the stuff that was supposed to have been
destroyed and now they brought it back out even though they know what it
will cause to the consumers of the stuff and despite the chinese
government's executing people responsible for the first instance.

I doubt that Dell would have imagined that such incredibly messed up
people exist. But yeah, I guess Dell seems to have skipped on some testing.