Miguel de Icaza, Microsoft MVP

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 05:29:43 GMT 2010

la, 2010-01-16 kello 17:17 -0600, Samuel Thurston, III kirjoitti:
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Ari Torhamo <ari.torhamo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You seem to assume that if you in the beginning of your post announce
> > that Conrad is a "Stallmanite", you get some kind of upper hand against
> > him.
>
> You seem to think that simply claiming I'm being straw-mannish without
> explaining how you come to this conclusion erodes my points in some
> way.  The irony is unbearable.

I seem to be missing something. I think I can safely assume that every
one on this list agrees that based on Conrad's comments on this thread
you had no reason to call him a "Stallmanite" (I feel silly even
referring to that word). It's obvious why you said that, so there's no
need for you to explain anything. I didn't criticize you of not
explaining, I criticized you of saying the thing. Now, I would
understand your comment on irony, if I would have called you names or
made baseless accusations, but I haven't. I pointed out one trick that
you have kept using through out this debate, namely the straw man
argument. Your use of the trick is so obvious, that frankly, asking me
to explain is an insult against yourself. Again, I think I can safely
assume that you are the only one on the list who needs an explanation.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to stop replying to you now, because there
doesn't seem to be anything good coming out of this discussion.

Peace

-Ari-