Microsoft is hiring a "linuxman"

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 5 07:09:40 GMT 2010

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 14:55:04 +0800
Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:

> Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

> >> I still have it open if you or anybody else is interested...
> >>
> > I'd like a copy if you don't mind.  A message eddressed as a reply
> > will get to me. I think they are (were) looking for someone
> > to /compete/ with Linux/Open Office, not interact or virtualize. Is
> > that your reading of it, too?
>

> Marketing job, something about leads, definitely about competing with
> Open Office and Linux servers.

Yes, it was an offer for the job as," Global Linux and Open Office
Compete Lead, US Subsidiary (CSI Lead)."

CSI=Commercial Software Initiative

"The core mission of CSI is to win share against Linux and
OpenOffice.org by designing and driving marketing programs, changing
perceptions, engaging with Open Source communities and organizations,
and drive internal readiness on how to compete with Commercial Linux
and participate with Open Source Communities."

And thanks for the copy, Christopher.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Registered GNU/Linux user # 126326