iso image too big for a CD

Douglas Neale doug at dougneale.co.uk
Sat Feb 27 09:56:11 GMT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 23:06:33 +0800
Chan Chung Hang Christopher <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:

Douglas, how do you know it is too big to burn to a CD?

To answer the question, the downloaded file size was 1.5Gb according to both the download manager and Windows Explorer, so I didn't attempt to use a CD.

To add some chit-chat to the discussion, I also tried out some non-ubuntu distros on the same PC, and quite a few wouldn't install because they couldn't recognise the hard drive!!!!

I'm going to try running it under Parallels or VM on my MacPro which is a real computer (two quad core Xeons, 8Gig RAM & 4Tb hdds), should I report the result here?

Regards,

Doug Neale