Is Canonical Becoming The New Microsoft?

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sat Feb 20 03:51:18 GMT 2010

Op woensdag 10-02-2010 om 21:00 uur [tijdzone +0530], schreef Manish
Sinha:
> It is a sign of maturity. The default install of Ubuntu isn't for
> power users. It doesn't even have *libc6-dev* package for compiling C
> based programs.
> If you are a developer, Debian is for you. If you are a designer,
> choose a Mac or Ubuntu Studio.

Actually, I've seen a lot of application developers new to linux who are
using Ubuntu.  Ubuntu has become the development platform of choice for
many new linux developers...

And because they are developers, they *do* find out how to instal -dev
packages (or whatever they need for their favourite language) after
getting familiar with the system & finding out where to ask questions.
(If not, I'm not sure I want to use their applications...)

--
Jan Claeys