And now for some vaguely on-topic off-topicality: OOo 3.2

Tero Pesonen tero at tpesonen.net
Mon Feb 15 16:33:56 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 14:38 +0000, David Gerard wrote:

> > Is it? How often do people actually launch OOo? I always keep it open on
> > one virtual desktop precisely so that I need not load the application
> > each time I have to do something. If you need to reboot regularly, then
> > it is a whole another matter, of course, but that booting itself would
> > be more of an annoyance to me than starting OOo on top of that.
>

> For me, I start a spreadsheet when I need one and close it when I'm
> done. Click-and-it's-on means I use Excel,
> click-and-wait-seven-seconds means I don't use Calc.

I guess we work very differently then. I always keep the software I need
(or may need) open on its respectable virtual desktop. I do not want to
load applications each time I need to complete a task.

> Yes, preloading by hand means creating a new window will be faster ...

I don't know what you mean by preloading. I keep the software loaded and
only load documents from a disk. That's what the RAM is for, if you ask
me.

Tero Pesonen

--
PGP/GPG Key ID 315FD528