And now for some vaguely on-topic off-topicality: OOo 3.2

Robert McWilliam rmcw at
Mon Feb 15 15:22:16 GMT 2010

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:06 +0100, "Amedee Van Gasse (u2s)"
<amedee-ubuntu at> wrote:
> I know a lot of people who swear that Keynote is the best software for
> presentations. Most of them have an iPhone. :-D
> Supposedly it's also possible to make presentations in LaTeX, but I
> haven't tried that yet.

Latex has the beamer class which is a good way to make bullet point type
presentations if you know latex, but it isn't up to complicated
animations (though I don't think powerpoint is either...).

I've been meaning to try out blender for presentations for a while now.
The game design stuff lets you hook up keypresses to making stuff happen
in a 3d environment. I've had enough of a play to convince myself it
would work but keep running out of time before I have to give a
presentation and knock something up in beamer/impress/prezi.
Robert McWilliam     rmcw at

The opinions expressed herin are not necessarily those of my
employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.