Is Canonical Becoming The New Microsoft?

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 16:51:18 GMT 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 8:26 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10 February 2010 16:23, Dylan McCall <dylanmccall at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The only definite problem I see here is that Gnumeric was created by
>> Miguel de Icaza. As soon as those people who have a vendetta against
>> him find out, they'll scream bloody murder.
>

> Strawman spotted! [citation needed]

Sorry, that was a rather sarcastic (and possibly hostile) remark on my
part, come to think of it. Wasn't intended that way, but obviously
could be seen as somewhat over the top :)

And for that matter, there is a strong point to the contrary of my
strawman: Fedora has shipped Abiword by default for a while.

Thanks,
Dylan