Is Canonical Becoming The New Microsoft?

Tero Pesonen tero at tpesonen.net
Wed Feb 10 15:34:24 GMT 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 13:55 +0000, Avi Greenbury wrote:

> OOo is ginormous and bloated. I wouldn't run it on a netbook. The
> initial decision to side with Google Docs appears to have changed to
> switching to AbiWord and Gnumeric, which is a much better idea IMO.

When I can write a thesis or a research paper on Abiword, I will bless
that choice. Now the desktop will simply be crippled. I wouldn't
recommend that version of Ubuntu to an inexperienced Windows user.

Google Docs must be some kind of inside joke at Google that someone
released by accident.

Tero Pesonen

--
PGP/GPG Key ID 315FD528