basic

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Sun Feb 7 18:12:58 GMT 2010

At 12:25pm -0500 Sun, 07 Feb 2010, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> ??? I use Claws mail daily.  I have three email accounts, use fifteen
> mailing lists and between twelve and twenty newsgroups.  When I boot I
> immediately bring up Claws.  Right now my uptime is 40 days 8:15 hours
> and Claws has been running the whole time.
>
> Unstable??  Where did you get that idea?

My guess is that you use POP accounts.  I have both.  The POP account
handling in Claws is much more stable than IMAP.  At least as of about a
year ago.

(Incidentally, assuming a decently written program, the number of
mailing lists and newsgroups is a red herring.  The only useful
information in this context is that you use mailing lists and
newsgroups, not how many.)

Kevin