basic

Tero Pesonen tero at tpesonen.net
Sun Feb 7 17:37:35 GMT 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-07 at 11:25 -0600, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 16:39:34 +0200
> Tero Pesonen <tero at tpesonen.net> wrote:
>
> > Claws is too unstable for serious use.
>
> ??? I use Claws mail daily.  I have three email accounts, use fifteen
> mailing lists and between twelve and twenty newsgroups.  When I boot I
> immediately bring up Claws.  Right now my uptime is 40 days 8:15 hours
> and Claws has been running the whole time.
>
> Unstable??  Where did you get that idea?

Based on my earlier experiences with it on Ubuntu 9.04, openSUSE 10.3,
SUSE Linux Professional 9.3 and 9.1. It would randomly crash -- simple
as that. This happened both on Cyrus and Exchange IMAP. Nothing that I
could reproduce, though. The crashes occured rather rarely with no
apparent pattern.

Tero Pesonen

--
PGP/GPG Key ID 315FD528