basic

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 6 11:37:47 GMT 2010

On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 15:03:55 +0200
Tero Pesonen <tero at tpesonen.net> uttered these words:

> - Evolution freezing at startup. Fixed by deleting all local IMAP
> cache and account settings. This has happened a few times. I miss
> KMail.
[snipped]

Many of the points you raise have been addressed in Super OS at:

http://hacktolive.org/wiki/Super_Ubuntu

and though I've never tried to run KMail you could run it I'm sure.

On the other hand, you could use Claws Mail, which I find superior for
just getting mail.  Its in the repos, but make sure to stave off any
problems you have the latest version from Claws-Mail's own Ubuntu PPA,
and its plug-ins.  Go to:

http://www.claws-mail.org

the pick the Downloads page on the right, then go to the Ubuntu PPA
page where you'll get instructions on adding the repos to Synaptic,
from the Technical Information link.....or if you want to go directly
there, go to:

https://launchpad.net/~claws-mail/+archive/ppa

--
Graham Todd