New user

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 3 14:05:18 GMT 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Johnneylee Rollins
<johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, I'm new to sounder. What is the rules, I know the CoC.

For a serious answer *grin* it's always good to follow the Mailing
List Etiquette outlined here:

> Is this
> the irc ubuntu-offtopic channel version of the mailing list?

That's sort of what it's evolved into, generally it's fairly topical
regarding tech (usually linux) somehow, things which would are
discussion-like and end up being off-topic for -users support. Might
want to browse the archives to get an idea.

For the original intention of the list, Mark explains[0]:

"Sounder was the original "insiders" list when we started Ubuntu. The
goal of the list was to have a forum to bounce ideas around about the
whole project. We have ambitious goals, and we wanted a place where
good thinking could happen."

[0] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/sounder/2009-November/013425.html

Hope this helps :)

--