Linux Hater's Blog (parody)

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 16:55:55 GMT 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 5:03 AM, Amedee Van Gasse (u2s)
<amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:
> Some of you may know Shelley The Republican
> (http://shelleytherepublican.com), a blog that is a parody on extreme
> right Leftpondian politics.
>
> A similar parody exists for Linux: the Linux Haters Blog. The latest
> episode focuses on Ubuntu:
> http://linuxhaters.blogspot.com/2010/01/bms.html
> Only someone with intimate knowledge (and love) of Linux can write such
> beautiful sarcasm. For example:
>
> "I'm warning all you freetards. Some day, Ubuntu's installer is going to
> ask you if you want to install the google/yahoo/bing toolbar. And it will
> be present on every single window. Even your panel, and your xterm. Every
> shell command that you mistype will result in a google search."
>
> I'm still cleaning up after my little C|N>K accident. :-)

LMAO!  Its like the Onion for Linux Users!

This is pretty good sarcasm.  On the flip side I'm put off by actual,
blatant Linux Haters because their arguments make no frelling sense at
all.  Its like their knowledge of Linux is still back in the 90's and
they can't comprehend any of the evolutionary improvements that
happened since then.  They hate it for the sake of hating it, probably
because their afraid of change.  I mean some of the shit they say is
hilarious yet sad at the same time.  There are people out there who
think you still need to compile software to install it.  Very rarely
is this true anymore.  Only specialized software that work with exotic
hardware usually requires compiling.

Another thing is, they're afraid of the Terminal.  These people are
spoiled rotten by Windows!  They don't know what it was really like
during the MS/PC-DOS days.  They're heard rumors and now they equate
anything that involve typing commands as extremely hard and tedious.
Lazy bastards.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1