It�s Official � The FCC Will Vote to Take Over the Internet in December

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Fri Dec 24 02:54:55 GMT 2010

On Friday, December 24, 2010 07:08 AM, Robert Holtzman wrote:

>> Wait, wait. How is the FCC making sure that providers don't start
>> charging based on packet origin/destination (that's net neutrality I
>> take it - if the FCC has other stuff hidden in it then yeah, that's a
>> completely different ball game/beast - are there?) equal to government
>> control? If there are no government controls except ensuring that ISPs
>> don't get to filter traffic on whim, please stop spreading FUD.
>
> The OP is a well known right wing zealot. You won't make a dent in his
> mind set.

Pork politics. How wonderful.

>>>        I sail my own boat and have made several ocean crossings alone.  I
>>> am sure no one here knows but the world has joined and made that illegal
>>> activity.  I did not post this to be off topic but instead to show what
>>> will almost surly happen to the Internet if we users do not fight
>>> government intervention.
>>
>> Sorry, until there is a world government, you bet that you cannot just
>> sail from any point to just any point in the world.
>
> Did you mean "can" or "cannot"? Seems to me it should be "can".

Oh, you certainly can do so. You just have to deal with the coastguards.
I'd certainly have to answer if I get caught trying to sail out of Hong
Kong without informing the Marine/Immigration/Customs Department. So
unless Douglas is yapping about something else...we need a world
government to do away with a whole load of crap issues due to a divided
world.