It’s Official – The FCC Will Vote to Take Over the Internet in December

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Wed Dec 22 06:09:59 GMT 2010

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:05:51 +0800, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:

>> Reminds me of the 'seven sisters' (now 5) of the oil industry, looks
>> like we are going back to the ITT days - good luck to would-be
>> Mosaddegh's or Allende's. But this may be overblown, the unseen big boys
>> are now picking on their own people, now that the rest of the world has
>> wisen up.
>>

> I'm not so sure of that. I suspect lobbying aka legalized bribery will
> be hitting Europe and them that boast of hundreds of choices for their
> fixed line/internet link will be gagged.

You're not far off the mark. There are, of course contemporary Shah's,
Pinochet's, and Nakasone's, mostly in the middle east, and for the most
part, repressive to their own people. For those in so called 'free and
democratic' countries, they are cajoled, bribed, pimped, threatened and
bullied by the 'leader of the free world' to do the big unseen boys'
bidding. Like turkeys being roasted,their supporters will fight for the
chefs roasting them because they thought they elected them and they
thought they are free.

There are none more enslaved than those who thought they are free.

Anyway, Christopher, we've gone far from the topic of 'net neutrality' and
I guess it's time to stop here.

Regards and take care - Goh Lip

--
If you understand, things are the way they are,
if you do not understand, things are the way they are.