It’s Official – The FCC Will Vote to Take Over the Internet in December

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Wed Dec 22 03:15:43 GMT 2010

On 12/22/2010 10:50 AM, Goh Lip wrote:
> On 12/22/2010 08:26 AM, Christopher Chan wrote:
>> On Wednesday, December 22, 2010 12:48 AM, Goh Lip wrote:
>>
>>> ppps: reminds me about a statement by Arundhati Roy.... something about
>>> turkeys voting for thanksgiving.
>>>

>> Heh. Except that it seems more a case of not heckling their
>> 'representatives' enough to not pass laws dictated by the slaughterhouse
>> that give it free rein to decide when it is thanksgiving.
>>
> To be fair, Christopher, it's more a case of turkeys voting for the
> thanksgiving chef. Whoever wins, turkeys will be in the menu.

Oh, I wonder if people noticed that this bill will not be made public
*before* it is voted on, perhaps days, even weeks *after* it is passed,
that will mean a done deal. So even for wired transmission, whether
there will be "tiered pricing" where say, news will at a premium over
mail, and even then say, 'ny times' over 'washington post' or even
worse. May not happen as soon as the bill is passed, but .. the
provision is there.

Reminds me of the 'seven sisters' (now 5) of the oil industry, looks
like we are going back to the ITT days - good luck to would-be
Mosaddegh's or Allende's. But this may be overblown, the unseen big boys
are now picking on their own people, now that the rest of the world has
wisen up.