POP/SMTP services on Yahoo

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 8 02:04:52 BST 2010

On 08/07/2010 10:54 AM, Michael wrote:
> After much gnashing of teeth, I finally succeeded in downloading my
> Yahoo email via POP.    Sending via Yahoo's SMTP took a few trial and
> errors - it finally worked with SSL and port 465 which directly
> conflicts with the information I googled.

Was that a Yahoo! account, or was it an AT&T/SBCGlobal type of account
that was aliased to a Yahoo! address? The settings you mention are
typically for the latter.

Reason for asking is that Yahoo! US only (as I understand it) only
allows smtp/pop access on their accounts if you convert them to a Yahoo!
Plus account (reasonably priced at $20 per year) [1].

http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus