Wonderful!

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Fri Aug 6 06:40:13 BST 2010

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 19:41:40 -0400
>
> "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> > So, presumably a lot of high-def TVs are on their way to charities.
>
> Don't those TVs still infringe?  Will the FSC now sue those
> charities? If not, doesn't that constitute license enforcement
> laxness?

I don't think so. To my understanding, the infringement was done by
Westinghouse Digital Technologies, not by the TV's. Even making the TV's
wasn't the infringement, but not releasing the Busybox code according to
the GPL was the infringement. And the court order gives the TVs to the
plaintiffs first and they should hand them over to charities. Now the
charities get TV's from the plaintiffs and I don't think it would make
sense in any way, if they could then sue the charities for copyright
infringement.

Nils