Internet taxation is on the way!

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 04:34:18 BST 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Amedee Van Gasse
<amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:
> On 08-04-10 00:40, Michael Haney wrote:
>> Then, you have fundamentalist Christians in politics
>> who are engaging in a systematic war of attrition against science and
>> common sense in favor of theocratic government.  There are people in
>> this country who "actually believe" if they report an Atheist to the
>> FBI that they'll be deported for not believing in God.  Religion is
>> tearing this country apart at the seams.
>
> Can you explain the difference between christian theocracy in the USA
> and islamic theocracy in Iran? Because I fail to see any difference.

As far as I see it there is little to no difference at all.  If they
could get away with it her the fundamentalist Christian church in the
US would impose a Christian-style Sharia Law.  Unofficially they have
that right now within the Republican Party and within the state of
Texas.  In Texas, a war is going on to eradicate science and any
teachings of evolution.

> Anyway, back on topic plz. Oh wait this is the off topic channel.
>
> Shall we talk a bit about Belgian politics? What's your suggestion on
> Brussel-Halle-Vilvoorde?
> And what do you think about people having to promise that they will
> learn the language of the region when they want to buy a house? They
> don't have to do it, there is no exam, they only have to promise that
> they will do it.

I don't know anything about that.  Its the first I've heard of it.
Sounds like what happened in Canada many years ago.  The country
nearly broke apart with Quebec splitting on into its own country.
And, all of it over the issue of laws requiring store signs, street
name signs, and TV & radio broadcasts to be in French-only.  A
compromise was made to keep the nation together.

I was still living with my parents in Michigan when that happened.

On the topic of Internet Taxation, I though Congress had passed a
resolution putting the subject on the back burner until 2012.  I'm
trying to dig up info on what exactly this tax is all about.  Is it
the infamous Internet Sales Tax which has been talked about off and on
for years or is it a tax on Internet Access?

If its an access tax I bet its a ploy to prop up brick & mortar
businesses and to compensate for online piracy.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts