Internet taxation is on the way!

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 23:27:03 BST 2010

Climate Change can be global and local.  For the Anasazi it was local
and caused by natural forces.  For the Mayans it was also local, but
caused by their mismanagement of local resources and thus not by
natural forces.  What happened to them is pretty much proof that
humans can have a major impact on local climates and environments.

In this day and age we have more advanced technology.  We are pumping
an estimated "1 billion tons" of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere
everyday.  That's CO2 emissions from vehicles and industry on a
world-wide scale.  That's a LOT of carbon!  The forests and the oceans
have the ability to absorb some of that carbon, but only so much until
they reach a saturation point.  You need only look at what is
happening around the world to realize that we have have reached that
point.  The last time the glaciers of Greenland melted as quickly as
they are now was before the last great Ice Age.  And, the last time
the northern polar ice cap receded as much as it has now was well
before human history.  We know this from geological evidence, the
rocks of the Earth keep a record of past climate events.

Whether humanity is the sole cause of Global Climate Change or a
contributing factor to a natural process is "irrelevant".  We need
stop trying to place blame on whom or what is the cause and find out
how we can either stop it, slow it down, or find ways to adapt so we
can live with the consequences without causing a catastrophic upheaval
of society.

Putting the whole climate debate on hold for a minute ... could
someone tell me what's the difference between the GPL and LGPL?  I'm
kinda confused about the differences.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts