Internet taxation is on the way!

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 16:10:22 BST 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Amedee Van Gasse (ub)
<amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:
> On Wed, April 7, 2010 16:43, Michael Haney wrote:
>
> .........snip of unnecessary quote........
>
>> There is an Infinite Creator.  He isn't the God that the Christians
>> think he is, most certainly.  The most terrible atrocities ever
>> committed in human history are often attributed to Religion.  Religion
>> is a human concept, you don't need religion to believe in a creator.
>> This is the path we choose to take.
>
> My belief in the Invisible Pink Unicorn excludes the existance of an
> Infinite Creator.
>
> But seriously: you don't need a creator to have a creation. It's not even
> determined yet that there ever was a creation.
>

> On the other hand you do need some patterns to let ethical, social and
> cultural memes survive over the ages and in different societies, and
> religion happens to be a useful pattern, just like model-view-controller
> is a useful design pattern in programming.
>

> Hey, how did we get from internet taxation to the Gang of Four? Damn you
> bloody Ustated Knights of Merkia! :-p

Religion is a form of control.  I won't replace one form of control for another.

You don't need doctrine and theology to have morality.  If you live by
a "Service to Others" philosophy rather than a "Service to Self"
philosophy you don't need a strict code of morality because it would
be redundant.  Focus on the positive, the beauty of the world and the
good which exists in all people, and not the negative and the bad
which dwells there as well.  You can change your outlook on life,
those around you, and the world itself by being more positive and
rejecting the negative.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts