Lexmark supporting Linux?!

David Sanders dsuzukisanders at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 18:52:16 BST 2010

On 3 April 2010 18:46, David Sanders <dsuzukisanders at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if this is actually an OSS driver? From the review
> all I can glean is that they now provide DEB and RPM packages off the
> bat, but that's no guarantee of source at all.

To respond to myself here. This is NOT an free-software driver, it's
just a horrid binary package (for 32-bit only unless you want to mess
about).

Just because they've stuck Tux on the box it's no reason to celebrate
such a total failure of open support. I'll stick with HP (and their
real *Open Source* driver) thanks.