mail to individuals

Amedee Van Gasse (Ubuntu) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Wed Sep 30 20:19:55 BST 2009

On Wed, September 30, 2009 19:16, Samuel Thurston, III wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Amedee Van Gasse (Ubuntu)
> <amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:
>> On Wed, September 30, 2009 16:04, Samuel Thurston, III wrote:
>>
>>> 2) you're not bothering to do any research on the topic at all
>>
>> Pot, kettle, black.
>> RFC 2822 is obsoleted by RFC 5322.
> [...]
>> Sometimes it's not a bad idea to redo your research.
>
> I'd argue that incomplete research still beats none at all :)
> But I guess you got me.  Unless of course, nothing in 5322 contradicts
> my point.  Which, at a cursory reading, it does not, however it does
> seem to make the issue more rather than less ambiguous.  Please show
> me my error if I am incorrect.
>
> You're right about redoing research though.

You are correct.

> BTW, I call shenanigans on your claim that you weren't involved in the
> discussion until someone was posting "BS about RFCs" because you're
> the third poster in the thread, before RFC's were even brought up.
>
> It's all fine and good to be pedantic but make sure your house is clean
> first :)

At that point it wasn't yet about not having a reply-to on this list.
It started with Douglas Pollard apologizing for sending email not to the
list, and I accepted his apology. At that point, the discussion was closed
for me.

But then Harold Sawyer hijacked the thread with a derogatory about
Microsoft. Then "Stephen" made a comment about other lists. It was only
then that te current discussion started. Before the mail of "Stephen", it
was about something else and anything I may or may not have written, is
not relevant in the current discussion.

My house is clean. :)

--
Amedee