mail to individuals

Odd iodine at runbox.no
Tue Sep 29 18:20:41 BST 2009

Samuel Thurston, III wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Stephen <stephen_o at rogers.com> wrote:
>
>> I believe it is a problem with the mail settings on the sounder list all
>> though they deny it.
>
> If you read the body of reference work on the subject, it is actually
> the *other* lists that have a problem with the settings.

Not really. The overwhelming majority of lists have chosen
the sane option. Your "body of reference" means absolutely
nothing in the face of logic.

> Reply should reply to sender.

No. That defeats the whole purpose of a mailing list.

> Your client should have a reply to list option. If it doesn't your
> beef is with the email client, not the list manager who is conforming
> to standards.

Windows is the standard in desktop operating systems. So we
should all use it, according to your thinking.

--
Odd