A Call to Boycott Ubuntu? An Important Discussion Thread

Samuel Thurston, III sam.thurston at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 20:12:07 BST 2009

Hey Mark,

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 5:56 AM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> This will just add fuel to the fire. People in glass houses, etc, but I
> think this was tasteless.

If only that was the *start* of the tasteless things Goh's been
contributing to the conversation.  I've directed him to the bin now,
but unfortunately quoting him still gets through.  Guess I should have
made a better filter.

Since you've graced us with your SABDFLness, could you clarify what
the remark you actually made was that's stirred up the hornet's nest,
with any appropriate context?  I understand the original recording is
behind some kind of pay firewall or something.

So far I've seen about 5 different variations of your remark,all
vaguely along the lines of "it's hard to explain what we do to girls"
 Which I can see being interpreted in a number of different ways.  But
if that was the extent of it, I can see it being kind of a boneheaded
thing to say but nothing that deserves some kind of apology to 52% of
the human race.