Today I reinstalled Windows

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Thu Sep 24 13:24:54 BST 2009

Op woensdag 23-09-2009 om 01:22 uur [tijdzone -0400], schreef Michael
Haney:
> I like Skype, its the only voice chat application I've used that
> actually works 100% of the time without screwing up for some reason or
> another.

But it also uses secret protocols & DRM-like techniques to make sure
it's as incompatible as possible with other applications.

> Luckily its available cross-platform.

Well, it's available across a couple of the hundreds of existing
platforms at least, and even on those doesn't always work
properly...  ;)

Personally, I think that using open protocol/format/etc. standards is
much more important than being open source or providing support for
linux.

--
Jan Claeys