Haiku: BeOS Reborn

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 23:25:44 BST 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> Michael Haney wrote:
>
>> Q- What is the Average Battery Life of a device like this? - Tyke
>>
>> Answer- The average battery life of a mini netbook style device is
>> usually around 4 hours approximatly.
>
> This was the one that amazed me. Surely the average battery life of a device
> "like" this is much more than 4 hours.  I might as well lug around the
> laptop with a spare battery...

I've noticed that many Windows-based portable devices, smart phones,
and netbooks have piss poor battery life.

My friend's 2nd generation Intel-based MBP can go about 4 to 5 hours
on a battery charge running Mac OS X Leopard, but when he switches to
Windows XP SP2 that drops to just 2 hours and that's "before" he runs
any games.

My Acer Aspire 4520 gets only about 2 1/2 hours on a single charge
running a fully updated Windows Vista and about 1 hour if I'm playing
games or an 1 1/2 playing DVDs.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com