Today I reinstalled Windows

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 04:58:18 BST 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Jay Daniels <tux at myt60.net> wrote:
> If Windows 7 was free, I still would not use it.  I believe most people
> are this way.  The way people get Windows is when they buy a computer
> and it's already on it.  Hum, now if we could get the stupid government
> to declare microsoft a monopoly (which it is) then all pc manufacturers
> will have to offer an alternative or pay a big fine.

I agree with the part where the government needs to declare Micro$oft
a monopoly and force manufacturers to start offering alternatives or
face fines for participating in said monopoly.  As for Windows itself,
I have to use it on my laptop because Wine doesn't support all of my
games yet.  If it did I'd chunk Vista into File 13 and forget it ever
existed.  I may upgrade to Windows 7 because its not as slow as Vista.

Games are the golden ticket to dominance in the Home PC market.  The
platform with the most games will have the most control.  Right now
Windows owns that golden ticket.  Linux developers been to get on the
ball, they need to start brainstorming those innovations which will
make game development for Linux attractive to mainstream game
developers and to encourage new developers to build games for Linux
which rival anything current available for Windows.

Most of all, what Linux needs is a "killer app" game which everyone is
going to want to play, but they can only play it on Linux because it
won't be made available on Windows.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com