Today I reinstalled Windows

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Sat Sep 19 04:27:29 BST 2009

Michael Haney wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 10:43 PM, Conrad Knauer <atheoi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I just realized a way that Microsoft could go a long way towards
>> soothing-over the Vista fiasco, while generating goodwill among
>> Windows users, undermining Linux adoption, making lots of very good
>> press and really not costing Microsoft very much money (seriously, I
>> can’t imagine much more than those terrible ads with Gates and
>> Seinfeld).
>>
>> But I am *so* confident that it would completely run contrary to the
>> ‘penny-wise but dollar-foolish’ mentality at M$ that they will *never*
>> do it that I will blog the idea right here:
>>
>> Let legitimate Windows Vista keys work for Windows Seven.
>>
>> IOW, let Windows Vista users upgrade to Windows Seven for free (gratis).
>>

> No, the only thing they'd need to do is get rid of Windows Activation
> and Windows Genuine Advantage.  Something they'd NEVER do in a million
> years because their corporate leadership never got the memo that DRM
> as a technology is a humiliating failure.

Is there a correlation between Helsinki syndrome and Windows' users?

They release a crapy product (which, by the way, when ever my step
daughter fires her V-laptop up, network connections die.)  This product
is so bad that my clients paid the extra $150 to purchase XP and put it
back on systems that came with Vista.  (brilliant move to pay for going
backwards) then release Win7 under a parade of praise, and they rush to
upgrade to something that works on the other side of Vista.  M$
effectively selling three OS's to the same person inside of a couple of
years or $450.oo times x-millions of users.

... No, I don't see them giving away much of anything and maybe I am
giving them too much credit for being this smart.

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple.  If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."