Today I reinstalled Windows

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 00:00:48 BST 2009

2009/9/18 Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com>:

> I'm actually deeply shocked and amazed that Micro$oft hasn't tried to
> copy the idea to market Windows 7 by releasing free LiveCDs of the
> release candidate for stores to hand out.
> I'd better shut up, you never know who on this list is a secret M$
> mole sniffing out new ideas for the company to steal.  Don't want to
> give them any ideas.  ;-)

If Microsoft could act on ideas it wouldn't have come out with Vista
and the Zune.

We can basically say absolutely everything out in the open, confident
that they can't get it right ...

If Windows 7 did have a live CD, it'd ... hm... let you run WordPad
with the Ribbon Toolbar. And 3D Spider Solitaire. Think that'd be
convincing up against Ubuntu?

- d.