Macs

David Sanders dsuzukisanders at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 12:23:27 BST 2009

> Well, there are different classes of computers. As a happy latitude
> owner I can tell you that there is a huge difference between this line
> and the consumer models. The Lenovo thinkpads are in the same
> category.

You'd be suprised. My Dell Studio 1735 has a LED-backlit 17"
widescreen, HDMI, Firewire, Tons of USB ports, expresscard, SD, VGA
out, Wireless, "slot-loading" DVD+-rw, backlit keyboard, 2ghz
dual-core, 4gb of RAM, very nice case-design, great battery-life (for
a desktop replacement beast). Best of all is full Ubuntu compatibility
:-)

It cost £500 inc VAT new straight from Dell. The Mac just can't
compete, sorry. The newer inspirons have better CPUs, but AFAICT they
are exactly the same design and spec-wise.

It really is a very handsome beast, and the first non-Thinkpad I've ever owned.