Macs

Ignazio Palmisano ignazio_io at yahoo.it
Sat Sep 12 21:08:50 BST 2009

On 12/09/09 19:15, Odd wrote:

> Odd H. SandvikMichael Haney wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Conrad Knauer<atheoi at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> *heh*  My wife went Mac; it is indeed $$$ :)
>>
>> Not so much so anymore.They're now comparable in price to a high-end
>> Dell or HP laptop
>
> Nope. If you compare a similarly spec'ed Mac with
> a Dell PC, the Mac is quite a bit more expensive.
>
> For instance, you get a Dell Studio laptop with same/better specs
> for about half the price of the MacBook Pro.
>
>> , and in quality they're far better than either.
>
> No. Apple uses the exact same motherboard and CPU makers
> as the rest of the PC OEMs. It's a myth that Apple's stuff is
> higher quality.

And about the design thing that they got going, I find it way
overrated... it's annoying that my macbook has less usb ports that my
netbook, and they are spaced so that plugging a large usb stick in one
blocks both of them. Not to mention the "slick" design of the case. Both
the plastic macbooks and the newer all aluminium ones have sharp corners
all around the base, where your hands are supposed to be. If you are
like me, using the laptop on your lap, chances are your hands are
resting on that sharp border most of the time. It used to hurt so much I
used a file on it to make it more comfy...
I.