KDE 4.3: was Re: Microsoft wants you to "Get the Facts Straight"

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu Sep 10 21:07:10 BST 2009

Derek Broughton wrote:

> David Gerard wrote:
>
>> 2009/9/9 Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca>:
>>
>>> I'm just hoping KDE4 will be KDE when it grows up.  It's not ready for
>>> primetime yet. :-(
>>

>> Have you used 4.3 yet? I recommend it.
>
> Ugh.  Prettier.  No more useful.
> It stuck a horrible twit-reader on my desktop, but removed my comics.  I
> didn't like the comic plasmoid - I'd like something that would be more
> like a folder for comic displays, and that would automatically expand to
> show the weekend comics - but that's no excuse for removing them.

Well, when I got to adding my comic plasmoid back, it did everything I
wanted:
- I just need one plasmoid, and it has tabs for each comic.
- I can middle click to display the whole comic at full size
- it can automatically switch between comics

That makes 4.3 an improvement over 4.2 on its own, but there's still too
many things that don't work (I did at least get my xrandr script to work
properly).
--
derek