I believe there is a mistake in the settings.

Chan Chung Hang Christopher christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Thu Sep 10 15:32:19 BST 2009

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>

>> Hello I am new here. I have been using Ubuntu for about 8 months to test
>> it with windoze on the same box.
>>
>> When I chose to reply button it is set to send the message to the
>> original poster instead of the list. I think the list settings have been
>> set wrong. They need to be change so the "Reply Settings" to the list.
>>
>> All the other groups I belong to have the "reply to" address set to the
>> list address.
>>

> Oh boy...
>
> Yes, it's inconsistent.
>
> No, it's not wrong.  Most computer-related lists do not set a Reply-To at

Funny how the majority of Ubuntu lists defy that...hmm...even the Centos
list does too.

> all.  See: http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html and

Aw, I feel bad for the guy. He forgot he was participating in a public
forum.

> http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html

Okay. Reply-To: set by AUTHOR not mailing list software. Mailing list
software should use List-Post:

Fair enough. The deficiency is in thunderbird then. Maybe I should
switch to Kmail...